Call for Volunteers
Online application will be available on June 11
Application Deadline: June 26
SIGIR 2023 is seeking student volunteers for the conference held on July 23-27, in Taipei, Taiwan. The conference this year will be held as a hybrid conference, and all volunteers must participate in the onsite organization of the conference (2.5 days of work minimum).
Conference Date: July 23-27
Conference Venue: Taipei International Conference Center (TICC), Taipei, Taiwan
Conference Mode: Hybrid
Working hours: 2 shifts per day, 07:30-12:30 and 12:30-17:30
Requirement: All volunteers must serve 5 shifts.
- Free access to tutorials, workshops, and main conference.
- Free access to coffee breaks and lunches (for those who serve as volunteer during the morning shift).
- Receive an electronic certificate of being a student volunteer for SIGIR 2023.
Volunteers will be expected to assist staff with tasks such as organizing conference materials, staffing the registration desk, assembling conference packets, assisting session chairs with running technical sessions, checking badges, helping people get where they need to be, running errands, and the like. Volunteers are suggested to attend the initial planning meeting before the start of the conference on July 22.
- Registration reimbursement will be given to those students who have already registered for the conference and are selected as volunteers.
- Applicants will be notified if they are selected by July 10th at the latest.