Conference Registration Information
Link to registration website: http://www.cvent.com/d/lhq75l
- Early Registration ends January 31, 2020
- Regular Registration ends February 29, 2020
- On-Site (Late) Rates will apply from March 1–18, 2020
|ACM Member||Non-ACM Member||Student|
|Early||US$ 575||US$ 675||US$ 380|
|Regular||US$ 675||US$ 800||US$ 450|
|Late||US$ 750||US$ 900||US$ 500|
|Workshops||US$ 100||US$ 125||US$ 50|
|Tutorials||Free with Registration||Free with Registration||Free with Registration|
For questions or concerns regarding registration, please contact the organizers at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visa and Electronic Travel Authorization
Most travelers need a Visitor Visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to Canada. Use this site to determine what travel documents you require: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp
If you need a Visa – please note that processing times vary, but may be substantial. Please apply as early as possible! For information and instructions: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/about-visitor-visa.html
Visa Support Letters: ACM is able to provide visa support letters to attendees as well as authors with accepted papers, posters, or members of the conference committee.
For visa support letters, refer all requests to email@example.com. Please allow up to 10 business days to receive a letter. All requests are handled in the order they are received. The information below should be included with the request:
- Your name as it appears on your passport
- Your current postal mailing address
- The name of the conference you are registering for
- Your registration confirmation number
- If you have any papers accepted for the conference, please provide the title and indicate whether you are the “sole author” or a “co-author”
- Authors may indicate their paper title. If no paper, speakers can provide the title of their presentation
Student Travel Grant Information
The SIGIR Student Travel Grant Program (https://sigir.org/general-information/travel-grants/) provides funding for students to help cover the cost of travel and lodging to the following SIGIR-sponsored conferences: SIGIR, CIKM, CHIIR, ICTIR, JCDL and WSDM.
To be eligible, the student applicant must:
- be an author of a full, short, demo, or DC paper,
- be the one presenting the work at the conference.
The application process involves two steps:
- the student must submit an application, which requires the student to explain what they wish to gain from attending CHIIR 2019,
- independently, the academic advisor will be required to submit a statement of support.
Both application forms will be available on the SIGIR website during the live application period — December 11–25, 2019.
Refunds and Cancellations Policy
Refunds will be made in accordance with the following schedule:
- For cancellations made on or before February 29, 2020, 50% of the total registration fee will be returned.
- For cancellations made on or after March 1, 2019, no refund will be made.
- Administrative charges may apply.
Please email requests for registration fee refunds to: firstname.lastname@example.org.