- January 30, 2020: Update on the Novel Coronavirus situation — “At the current time, the risk to British Columbians and Canadians is considered low. BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) and provincial and federal authorities are monitoring the situation closely.” The full report is available here: http://www.bccdc.ca/about/news-stories/stories/2020/information-on-novel-coronavirus
- January, 2020: The program is now available.
- January, 2020: The list of accepted papers is now available.
- November, 2019: Registration is now open.
Welcome to the fifth ACM SIGIR Conference on Human Information Interaction and Retrieval (CHIIR) (pronounced “cheer”), which will take place in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada on 14–18 March, 2020.
CHIIR provides a forum for the dissemination and discussion of research on the user-centered aspects of information interaction and information retrieval. CHIIR focuses on elements such as human involvement in search activities, and information seeking and use in context. The conference represents a merger of two successful past events: the Information Interaction in Context conference (IIiX) and the Human Computer Information Retrieval symposium (HCIR).
- 14 March, 2020: Doctoral Consortium and Tutorials
- 15–17 March, 2020: Conference
- 18 March, 2020: Workshops