Information for Short Paper Presenters
Due to the compressed schedule, Short/Demo papers will be presented on Thursday, August 13 during the “Poster Session” from 12:25pm to 12:55pm PDT (GMT-7).
We plan to conduct the virtual poster session similar to how a face-to-face poster session would work. For the session:
- Each presenter will be assigned to a separate Zoom channel.
- We will give attendees a list of the papers and corresponding links to the Zoom channels.
- At the time of the session, presenters enter their assigned Zoom channel and use screen sharing to display a slide/poster/demo to present their research.
- Attendees will be free to move around to the different Zoom channels and interact with the presenters, similar to a f2f poster session.
- Presenters do NOT need to prepare a recorded video presentation. A main goal of the poster session is interaction between the presenters and the attendees. Of course, if it makes sense to show attendees a short video demonstrating some aspect of your research, that is fine.
To prepare for your Virtual CHIIR 2020 presentation, you will need to do the following:
Register for the virtual event at: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/chiir-2020-online-tickets-110289892036
We strongly recommend that authors register as soon as possible. Registration will be limited based on our Zoom capacity. We want to make sure that authors get one of the registration slots.
Create a slide/poster/graphic to use during the poster session to present your paper. The presentation style is up to you, but should reflect the research described in your paper.
You should plan to be in your assigned Zoom channel during the virtual poster session on August 13 from 12:25pm to 12:55pm PDT (GMT-7). The Zoom details will be sent to presenters a few days prior to the event.
Thank you for your support and patience as we organize Virtual CHIIR 2020. We hope that the opportunity to present and answer a few questions will stimulate further off-line conversations about your research.