Call for Workshop Proposals
CHIIR 2020 is pleased to invite proposals for satellite workshops to be held in conjunction with the main conference.
CHIIR 2020 workshops will provide a platform for presenting novel ideas and emerging areas in Interactive IR, Information Seeking or Interfaces for Information Access in a less formal and potentially more focused way than the conference itself. Workshop topics typically match those identified in the CHIIR 2020 general call for contributions, but proposals related to other areas of Interactive IR are welcome as well. The format of each workshop is to be determined by the organisers and can be either full-day or half-day. We encourage workshops that foster collaboration, discussion, group problem-solving and community building initiatives. Workshops that only revolve around the presentation of papers in a “mini conference” format are discouraged.
Researchers and practitioners from IR, Information Science or any related discipline are invited to submit proposals for review. The organisers of approved workshops will be expected to define the workshop’s focus, gather and review submissions, and decide upon the final program content. At least two organizers are expected to attend the entire workshop.
Proposal Format & Submission
The workshop proposal should be a PDF document no more than 4 pages long (including references), submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and organized as follows:
- Title: Title of the proposed workshop
- Format: Half/full day
- Brief description: Please indicate the main topics/issues of the workshop. We welcome workshops that address important issues, discuss potential solutions, integrate various approaches, and offer innovative perspectives within the themes of the conference and have strong potential to contribute to the evolution of research and development of Human Computer Interaction and information Retrieval.
- Significance and relevance to CHIIR: Please indicate here why the workshop is significant and relevant to CHIIR.
- Provisional plan: Please describe the type of activities you intend to carry out during the event. Successful workshop proposals will show a high proportion of interactive elements.
- (contact person) Organiser1 Name Surname – http://your.web.page.com – email@example.com
- Organiser2 Name Surname – http://your.web.page.com – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Part of a series: If the workshop is part of a series please state it here, refer to the past editions and explain in what way the proposed workshop brings genuine novelty.
Workshop proposals will be reviewed according to: (1) novelty of the topics, (2) relevance for CHIIR community, (3) quality of workshop planning (4) potential to generate future research output. Reviewers will be selected by the workshop chairs from the pool of Senior Programme Committee Members.
- October 1, 2019: Workshop proposal submission deadline
- October 23, 2019: Workshop proposal notification
- January 13, 2020: Camera-ready Workshop summary deadline
- March 18, 2020: Workshop date
Deadlines refer to 23:59 (11:59pm) in the AoE (Anywhere on Earth) time zone.
- David Elsweiler, University of Regensburg, Germany
- Markus Kattenbeck, TU Vienna, Austria
Please contact the chairs at email@example.com if you have any questions.