- The Hub City
- The Healthcare City
- 38 miles (60 km) from New York City
- 65 miles (105 km) from Philadelphia
- Four major airports within 30-90 minutes: EWR, JFK, LGA, PHL
- Direct flights to 160+ cities both domestically and internationally
Recommended Restaurants and Bars
Click here to open in Google Maps
- Steakhouse 85 Restaurant: Steakhouse with a surf 'n' turf menu in an upscale space with live jazz on some nights.
85 Church St, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
- The Rutgers Club
85 Avenue E, Piscataway Township, NJ 08854
- Veganized: Low-key joint dispensing casual vegan grub, including pasta, wraps & salads, plus weekend brunch.
9 Spring St, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
- Dashen Ethiopian Cuisine
88 Albany St, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
- INC American Bar & Kitchen: Trendy New American spot with an extensive whiskey menu, shareable plates & edgy, modern decor.
302 George St, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
- Clydz: Underground restaurant with American fare including exotic meats plus notable martinis & a busy bar.
55 Paterson St, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
- Delta's: Brick-walled Southern eatery offering down-home dishes plus live music on weekends.
19 Dennis St, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
- Stuff Yer Face: Bi-level spot with stromboli sandwiches & loads of international beer, plus burgers, pizza & more.
49 Easton Ave, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
- Hoysala: South Indian spot with lunch & dinner buffets & à la carte items in a simple space with paintings.
2 John F Kennedy Blvd, Somerset, NJ 08873
- Olive Branch: Popular with college students, this low-key haunt offers a full bar, pub grub & TVs for sports fans.
37 Bartlett St, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
- Kelly's Korner
75 Morrell St, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
- Olde Queens Tavern
108 Easton Ave, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
- Old Bay Restaurant: Lively New Orleans-inspired hangout offering Cajun-Creole fare, dozens of draft beers & live music.
61 Church St, New Brunswick, NJ
- Pino's Gift Basket Shoppe and Wine Cellar
13 N 4th Ave, Highland Park, NJ 08904
- Perle Night Club & Lounge
- Huey’s Knight Club
Lovely place to take a morning stroll, or stroll around the trees.
112 Ryders Ln, New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8519
Trip to NYC
From the New Brunswick train station, take the NJ Transit Northeast Corridor Line NORTH towards NEW YORK and get off at the stop New York Penn Station.
Trip to Philadelphia
From the New Brunswick train station, take the NJ Transit Northeast Corridor Line SOUTH towards TRENTON and get off at the stop Trenton.
Things to do In and Around New Brunswick
The State Theatre, George Street Playhouse, The Zimmerli Art Museum, Alfa Art Gallery.
17 parks, 12 gardens, 272 acres dedicated to leisure, recreation.
Important history and affiliation with alternative and independent music.
Zagat-rated fine dining establishments such as The Frog and The Peach and Due Mari.
Visit Rutgers School of Communication and Information for more.