SIGIR is the major international forum for the presentation of new research results and for the demonstration of new systems and techniques in the broad field of information access. SIGIR 2019 will take place in Paris, France, and includes a full day of tutorials on July 21, 2019. SIGIR 2019 solicits proposals for both half and full-day tutorials covering topics relevant to the field of information retrieval and its applications. Each tutorial should cover a single topic in depth. For example, tutorials may cover an established information retrieval sub-topic, introduce an emerging application of information retrieval technologies, or update the information retrieval community on recent advances in related fields. We are especially interested in the third category of submission.
Submissions should include a cover sheet and an extended abstract. The cover sheet should include the following elements:
- Title and length (either half-day, e.g. 3 hours plus breaks, or full day, e.g., 6 hours plus breaks) of the tutorial.
- Intended audience (introductory, intermediate, advanced) and prerequisite knowledge or skills required.
- Detailed contact information of all presenters (and indication of the main contact person).
- Brief biography (max. 2 paragraphs) for each presenter, highlighting relevant experience in presenting tutorials, teaching grad classes, organizing summer schools, etc.
The extended abstract (no longer than 4 pages) should include the following sections:
- Relevance to the information retrieval community and reference to tutorials in the same area at SIGIR or related conferences (including WSDM, WWW, KDD, ACL, etc.).
- Format and detailed schedule.
- Type of support materials to be supplied to attendees.
Tutorial proposals should be prepared in the current ACM two-column conference format. Suitable LaTeX, Word, and Overleaf templates are available from the ACM Website (use the “sigconf” proceedings template). Proposals should be submitted in PDF via https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sigir2019tutorials. The submissions will be reviewed by members of the Information Retrieval research community and tutorials to be presented at SIGIR 2019 will be selected by the SIGIR Program Committee.
|Tutorial proposals due||Mon, Mar 4, 2019|
|Tutorials notifications||Tue, Apr 2, 2019|
|Tutorial day||Sun, Jul 21, 2019|
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries.