We are seeking people volunteers for the 42nd Annual ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR 2019). The SIGIR 2019 conference will be held on July 21-25th, in Paris, France.
Volunteers will participate in the organization of the conference (2 days of work maximum among the 5 of the conference, with 1 day being a main conference day). In that case, the volunteer will have free access to tutorials, workshops, and main conference – including coffee breaks and lunches. Free participation to the banquet/welcome reception is not guaranteed, but we will try to offer these if possible.
People interested in volunteering should fill this form before May 24, 2019. The form contains information about:
- Email address
- Mobile phone number
- University/college where you are a student
- Advisor’s name (or the name of someone who can confirm you are a student)
- Advisor’s email address
- Advisor’s phone number
- If you have a paper, poster, demonstration, or doctoral consortium presentation in the conference, indicate which and the title. Please tell us if a co-author is already attending the conference.
- The fact you attended or not to a past SIGIR Conference
- Your motivations to attend to SIGIR 2019 and every information you consider worth to explain
- Please also indicate, if applicable, days and times when you are unable to work as a volunteer
If you have any travel constraints that impact your availability, please let us know.
Volunteer positions will run from Sunday, July 21 through Thursday, July 25.
Applicants will be notified if they are selected by May 31, 2019 at the latest.
Note that a volunteer will be refunded if he/she is already registered.
The number of places being limited, the selection will be biased towards:
- students (at any level, but also non-students) who would otherwise be unable to attend SIGIR (how does this make a difference to you?)
- those with a strong motivation to attend the conference (why is it important to you?)
- those who increase the diversity of SIGIR (how does your background enrich the scope of SIGIR attendees?)
- those who are attending SIGIR for the first time
- those not already supported by SIGIR student travel grants or ACM-W grants.
IMPORTANT: Applications must be received by May 24, 2019 for full consideration.
After that date, they will be considered only if there is unfilled need.
Contact email: email@example.com Candidature form Link to google form Deadline May 24, 2019