Call for Workshops
The ACM Conference on Human Information Interaction & Retrieval (CHIIR) is the pre-eminent forum for the presentation and discussion of research related to the user-centered aspects of information interaction and information retrieval, including human involvement in search activities and information seeking in context.
We encourage prospective workshop organizers to submit proposals for highly interactive workshops (either full-day or half-day) that fall within the scope of the conference. We are particularly interested in workshops that bridge multiple approaches or present new perspectives on user-centred aspects of information interaction and information retrieval. Workshops will be held on the last day of the conference.
Important Dates for Workshops
- 15 September 2015 – Workshops proposals due
- 20 October 2015 – Notification of workshop proposal acceptance
- 13 December 2015 – Camera ready copies of proposals
- 17 March 2016 – Workshop Day
Workshop proposals should be submitted via email to the Workshops Chair, Luanne Freund: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposals must be in English, in PDF format, and should not exceed three pages in SIGIR two-column format (including references and figures). Suitable LaTeX and Word templates for CHIIR are available from the ACM Website (see SIGIR templates).
Workshop Proposals should contain the following information:
- Title and Acronym of workshop
- Rationale, scope and novelty of the workshop
- Description of topics
- Workshop organizer(s) and their credentials
- Format of workshop (1/2 day, 1 day or 2 days)
- Intended Program Committee (indicate those who have agreed already)
- Highlights (e.g., keynotes, panels, journal special issue)
- Expected number of participants
- Details of any previous workshops
Contact If you have any enquiries regarding a Workshop Proposal, please contact the Workshop Chair, Luanne Freund.