Visa Support Letters
ACM provides visa support letters for attendees as well as authors with accepted papers, posters, or members of the conference committee.
For visa support letters, send email to: supportletters [AT] acm [DOT] org. Please allow up to one week to receive the letter from ACM. Requests will be handled by ACM in the order that they are received. Please include the following information with each request:
- Name (as it appears on attendee’s passport) and mailing address
- The name of the conference the attendee is registering for
- Attendee’s registration confirmation number
- Authors may indicate their paper title. Speakers can provide the title of their talk.
- Include a fax number or email address of where letter can be sent
We have learnt that, for some Italian embassies/consulates, ACM’s invitation letter apparently is not enough to obtain a visa to Italy, they seem to require an invitation letter from an Italian organization (not implausible, after all). If you need a visa to Italy, call your nearest Italian embassy/consulate and, if you find out this is the case, write to the SIGIR 2016 General Chairs to ask for such a letter (if you have an accepted paper, please specify its title in your mail). Please call the embassy/consulate right now, do not wait until it is too late.