ACM SIGIR Conference On Human Information Interaction And Retrieval
19 – 23 March, 2023. Austin, TX, USA
The 2023 ACM SIGIR Conference on Human Information Interaction and Retrieval (CHIIR – pronounced “cheer”) will take place in Austin, Texas, USA March 19 – 23, 2023. ACM SIGIR CHIIR 2023 invites submissions focused on user-centered approaches to the design and evaluation of systems for information access, seeking, retrieval, and use. Contributions may explore improvements to existing systems and interfaces; propose novel theories, models, and systems; or focus on understanding individual and group interactions with information and information systems.
CHIIR is a multi-disciplinary research meeting. In addition to studies of interactive systems, information interaction, and retrieval, we encourage submissions on related topics such as human-human information interaction, novel interaction paradigms, new evaluation methods, and related research in a range of communities such as sociology, education, ethnography, psychology, human-computer interaction, and other relevant disciplines.
ACM CHIIR operates under the ACM Conference Code of Conduct.
- February 3, 2023: Early registration prices end Register for CHIIR 2023
- February 4 – February 28, 2023: Standard registration prices
- March 19 – 23, 2023: Conference Program
October 12, 2022: Full and Perspective Papers abstracts due October 19, 2022: Full Papers, Perspective Papers, Tutorials, Workshops submissions due October 26, 2022: Short Papers, Demos/Resources, and Doctoral Consortium paper submissions due December 13, 2022: Notifications
- Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Industry Day
- Opening reception – evening
- Monday, March 20, 2023
- Paper presentations: Keynote 1 + three paper sessions
- Poster presentations and reception – evening
- Tuesday, March 21, 2023
- Paper presentations: Keynote 2, three paper sessions
- Conference banquet – Texas style! – evening
- Wednesday, March 22, 2023
- Paper presentations: three paper sessions
- Closing – CHIIR-it-forward
- Thursday, March 23, 2023
- Doctoral Consortium
More program Information