The SIGIR Student Travel Grant Program provides funding for students to help cover the cost of attending SIGIR-sponsored conferences including SIGIR, CIKM, CHIIR, ICTIR, JCDL and WSDM. This year, only ONE author of each accepted full/short/demo/DC paper need to register as “Author-Main Conference” in SIGIR 2020 and the SIGIR Travel Grant Program has decided to cover the “Author-Main Conference” registration fee for any student AUTHOR who registers as “Author-Main Conference” in the SIGIR 2020 registration system. The grants will be given in the form of reimbursements, so students will need to cover their costs upfront.
To be eligible, the student MUST satisfy both of the following two criteria:
Note that student authors of a workshop paper are NOT eligible.
- be an AUTHOR of a full, short, demo, and/or DC paper
- be in a position where they need to pay the “Author-Main Conference” registration rate to attend SIGIR 2020.
To apply, please complete this form for SIGIR 2020. Note that:
- The form for SIGIR 2020 expires on July 25, 2020 Anywhere on Earth (AoE).
- These awards will be processed as reimbursements by the ACM and awardees will need to provide receipts for the “Author-Main Conference” fee.
- Awardees will receive instructions on how to be reimbursed after the conference.