ACM SIGIR 2020 Registration Guidelines
Registration for SIGIR 2020 is now open!
Instead of being held as an on-site conference from July 25 to 30 in Xi’an, China, the prescheduled host city, SIGIR 2020 would be a virtual conference with the same schedule. To provide our attendees with an unforgettable conference this year, in coordination with of the sponsors and partners, the organizers of SIGIR 2020 have been making all their efforts in transforming the conference into an online format. Detailed schedule would be available once everything is ready. The organizers of SIGIR 2020 are awareness of the fact that people in our community are experiencing difficulties during the pandemic of COVID-19 as well. As a response, the attendees are provided with highly reduced registration fees this year. To accommodate the different needs of our attendees, we provide 7 registration types with different rates.
Despite the number of authors in the accepted full papers, short papers, demo papers and industry track papers, only ONE author of EACH accepted paper ought to register as Author-Main Conference. This is a flat registration fee and no student discount can apply. Despite the number of authors in the accepted workshop papers, only ONE author of EACH accepted paper ought to register as Author-Tutorials and Workshops. This is a flat registration fee and no student discount can apply. Please register as an author if there is only one author of your accepted paper who will attend the conference. The rest of the attendees who are willing to attend the conference are invited to register as either a Non-student premium attendee or a Student premium attendee and enjoy the premium services we provide. There are discounts for early bird registration and we highly encourage attendees to register earlier to have a lower price.
As was committed by the organizing committee when biding for hosting SIGIR 2020, the students who register as the Student premium attendee enjoy a record low price for registration to SIGIR 2020. Students with EARLY registration (until June 30, 2020) only spend $45 to have a Passport attending both the main conference and tutorials + workshops. For organizers, volunteers, and sponsors of SIGIR 2020, please register as Organizer/Volunteer/Sponsor in the SIGIR 2020 registration system. Detailed information for registration is given below.
- Author - Main Conference
- Author - Tutorials and Workshop
- Non-student premium attendee
- Student premium attendee
The presenters of the selected TOIS papers, please register as student/non-student premium attendees.
- Early Bird Period: until July 17, 2020
- Regular Period: July 18-30, 2020
- Time Zone for registration: Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time (GMT-10)
- Only Visa/MasterCard credit cards are accepted for payment.
- If you go for the Passport, which includes both Main Conference and Tutorials + Workshops, the registration fee would be much cheaper.
- All fees are included and there are not any other administrative fees in any forms.
- Please note that the Student premium attendee is available to those are maintaining their student status during the conference and a proof of enrolment or student ID in either .jpg/.jpeg or .pdf format is required when registering.
Tutorials + Workshops (Regular)
- Main conference (Keynotes and all other sessions)
- Premium services (EXCLUSIVE) in virtual meetings for main conference
- Access to all the tutorials
- Access to all the workshops
- Premium services (EXCLUSIVE) in the virtual meetings for tutorials and workshops
- Combined benefits of Conference (Regular) and Tutorials + Workshops (Regular)
Confirmation, Receipt & Visa Support Letters
- The registration system will automatically send you an email confirmation once the payment is processed.
- The registration receipt can be found in the confirmation email you received.
- We do not provide Visa Support Letters as SIGIR 2020 would be a virtual conference.
- For authors, requests received before June 30, 2020 will be eligible for a 70% refund, while a 40% refund for the requests received during the early bird registration period (by July 17, 2020); no refund for cancellation requests received on/after July 18, 2020.
- For non-author registrants, including both non-students and students, cancellation requests received during the early bird registration period (before June 17, 2020) will be eligible for a 40% refund; requests received before July 24, 2020 are eligible for a refund of 20%; no refund is applicable to the cancellation requests received during or after the conference spanning from July 25 to 30, 2020.
- At least one author of each accepted paper is required to attend and present the paper in the conference, i.e., request of cancellation will thus not be honored unless another co-author is registered for the event.
- Requests for registration cancellation must be made in writing and emailed to the SIGIR 2020 Registration Chair. All refunds are likely to be processed after the end of the event and issued back to your credit card.
SIGIR 2020 Registration Chair
Qinmin Vivian Hu,
If you have any inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.