Call for Volunteers
We are seeking volunteers for the 43rd Annual ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR 2020), which will be held as a virtual conference during July 25-30, 2020.
Volunteers will participate in the organization of the conference. As SIGIR 2020 will be held as a virtual conference for the first time, we do need your help. A volunteer will work for a maximum of 8 hours during the conference.
The responsibilities of the volunteers include:
- Attending a training session for volunteers before the conference
- Coordinating the online meetings for keynote speeches, full paper sessions, online social events, and virtual discussion sessions
- Contacting the speakers and presenters and helping them test the online meeting system before the meeting
- Checking the recorded presentation video; and playing it on behalf of the presenter if he/she cannot, or chooses not to, perform a live presentation
The benefits of being a volunteer include:
- FREE access to tutorials, workshops, and mainconference of SIGIR 2020 (A full reimbursement will be given if he/she has already registered for the conference)
- A special souvenir for volunteers
- Getting to know and working with other volunteers :)
If you are interested in being a volunteer for SIGIR 2020, please fill this form before July 4, 2020. The following information is needed:
- Email address
- Mobile phone number
- Your location and time zone during SIGIR 2020
- Are you a student?
- The name of your institute
- Advisor’s name (or the name of someone who can confirm you are a student)
- Advisor’s email address
- Do you plan to present a full paper, short paper, demonstration, or doctoral consortium paper at the conference?
- Why do you want to be a volunteer for SIGIR2020?
- Have you attended a SIGIR Conference before?
- Your motivation to attend to SIGIR 2020 and other information you consider worth to explain
- Please also indicate, if applicable, days and times when you are unable to work as a volunteer
As the number of places is limited, we will select the volunteers based on:
- Your motivation to help organize SIGIR 2020
- Your current status (Students at all levels arepreferred, but non-students are also welcome)
- Your location and time zone (Because the conference is for people from all around the world and in different time zones,the time of the sessions is deliberately scheduled that some of them are moreconvenient for the people in a certain time zone. Therefore, we need volunteers in different geo-locations and time zones.)
- Your motivation to attend the conference (Why attending the conference is important for you? Is this the first time for youto attend a SIGIR conference?)
IMPORTANT: Please submit your application before July 4, 2020. The late applications will be considered only if there are unfilled positions.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application form: link to the form
Application deadline: July 4, 2020