Call for Industry Track (SIRIP 2016) Speakers
The SIGIR Industry Track, more recently known as the SIGIR Symposium on IR in Practice (SIRIP), is a unique chance for the community to meet and discuss the latest search-related technologies as applied in companies, big and small. Industry participants are invited to present innovative approaches used in their company; submissions from small projects and companies are especially encouraged. Tell us and the audience how your project or company became what it is today, where it started from, and what shape the path from then to now took. Some of the aspects that the community finds particularly engaging:
- What is your selling point today? What was your selling point when you started this work? Is there a difference?
- What were the challenges – technical, financial, and others – and how did you succeed in meeting them?
- What were the obstacles, and how did you identify and step over or around them?
- Did you have to change your plans in any major way?
- Is there a failure story you can share?
- What are your plans for the future?
- How does your work differ from academic approaches? What doesn’t work?
By sharing your experiences you will be generating enthusiasm among the bright graduate students and postdocs in the audience to pursue the application of their ideas to real world tasks, either through starting their own company – or by some other path which you may prompt them to take!
Please send your proposals to sigir2016-itchairs [AT] isti.cnr.it. Proposals should include:
- A brief company portrait (125 words)
- A short CV of the presenter(s) (125 words)
- Title and abstract of the presentation (up to 800 words)
A condition of acceptance is that at least one author commits to attend SIRIP 2016 to present the work. The authors of accepted proposals will be invited to submit a 2-page paper for inclusion in the conference proceedings.
April 7, 2016: SIRIP 2016 (Industry Track) abstracts due April 18, 2016: SIRIP 2016 abstract A/R notification
- July 20, 2016: SIRIP 2016
Industry Track Chairs
Jussi Karlgren (Gavagai, Sweden)
Gilad Mishne (Twitter, US)
email: sigir2016-itchairs [AT] isti.cnr.it