The following is a list of suggestions for your accommodation.
Note that we have no connection with the following hotels/agencies/organisations. The information is just for your reference.
Pisa has a rich and varied offer of accommodations for tourists, and the following list is far from complete. You will find many different accommodations by searching on travel/hotel/B&B search engines such as booking, tripadvisor, trivago, airbnb, and similar services. You can also check the official tourism portal of the province of Pisa, which offers an accommodation search service.
July is high season time in Pisa. Do not book too late or you may have difficulties in finding the best accommodation.
You can check with Google transit if there is a convenient connection between your accommodation and the conference venue.
Bus lines “5”, “13”, “14”, “LAM blu”, “21” (night line) and “22” (night line) have stops close to the venue.
A taxi can be a simple alternative to quickly reach the venue. The phone number of the Pisa taxi service is 050 541600.
Below you may find some suggestions for your accommodation. Walking times are obtained from Google Maps, and the suggested hotels are marked on the map below. Note that, for the hotels for which a SIGIR-dedicated booking procedure is available (Hotel Repubblica Marinara, Hotel NH Pisa, Hotel Alessandro della Spina, Hotel Terminus & Plaza, Hotel Bologna, AC Hotel Pisa, Hotel San Ranieri, Grand Hotel Duomo), we are not in a position to guarantee that this procedure gets you the best rate on the market for that hotel; if in doubt, check on the Internet.
* Hotel Repubblica Marinara (four stars, 12 minutes walking distance, use the code “SIGIR2016″ when booking)
* Hotel NH Pisa (four stars, 14 minutes walking distance, SIGIR-dedicated booking link)
* Hotel Terminus & Plaza (three stars, 12 minutes walking distance, ask for “SIGIR 2016″ rates when booking)
* Hotel La Pace (three stars, 12 minutes walking distance)
* Hotel Alessandro della Spina (three stars, 10 minutes walking distance, use the code “SIGIR2016″ when booking from their website)
* Hotel Bologna (four stars, 17 minutes walking distance, use SIGIR as the “special code” when booking)
* Royal Victoria Hotel (three stars, 14 minutes walking distance)
* Hotel Verdi (three stars, 11 minutes walking distance)
* Relais dell’Orologio (five stars, 21 minutes walking distance)
* Relais dei Fiori (three stars, 19 minutes walking distance)
* Hotel Di Stefano (three stars, 19 minutes walking distance)
* Grand Hotel Duomo (four stars, 23 minutes walking distance, use the code “SIGIR 2016″ when booking)
* AC Hotel Pisa (four stars, 25 minutes walking distance, it is outside the city center, ask them for the “CONGRESSO SIGIR” discounted rates)
* Hotel San Ranieri (four stars, 35 minutes walking distance, it is outside the city center, SIGIR-dedicated booking link)