SIGIR focuses on all aspects of information storage, retrieval and dissemination, including research strategies, output schemes and system evaluations.
- Best Paper Award
Awarded at the SIGIR Conference – $1000 (divided evenly among the authors).
- Best Student Paper Award
Awarded at the SIGIR Conference when the Best Paper winner is not a student- $1000 (divided evenly among the authors).
- Salton Award
Awarded triennially at the SIGIR Conference. (Formerly SIGIR Award).
- Test of Time Award
Awarded at the SIGIR Conference.
- SIGIR Academy
Awarded at the SIGIR Conference to a small group of individuals for their sustained, significant contributions to information retrieval (the “Class of <Year>”).
- Early Career Researcher Award
Awarded at the SIGIR Conference to one or more early career researchers for their contributions to research, community engagement, and/or diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Vannevar Bush Award
Awarded at the JCDL conference. Co-sponsored with SIGWEB.
- Title: International ACM/SIGIR Conference on Research & Development
Acronym: ACM/SIGIR Aprox Dates: July/August. Frequency: 12 months
- Title: International ACM SIGIR Conference on Human Information Interaction and Retrieval
Acronym: CHIIR Aprox Dates: March. Frequency: 12 months
- Title: ACM SIGIR International Conference on the Theory of Information Retrieval
Acronym: ICTIR Aprox Dates: Late September. Frequency: 12 months
- Title: Joint Conference on Digital Libraries
Acronym: JCDL Aprox Dates: June. Frequency: 12 months
- Title: Conference on Information & Knowledge Management
Acronym: CIKM Aprox Dates: November. Frequency: 12 months
- Title: Conference on Web Search and Data Mining
Acronym: WSDM Aprox Dates: February. Frequency: 12 months
Name: SIGIR Forum Frequency: Three times per year
- Two newsletter issues (June, December)
- The special issue (the SIGIR conference proceedings, mailed to all members after the SIGIR conference)