Editorial Policy of SIGIR Forum
Several types of either invited or submitted contributions are published in SIGIR Forum, including (but not limited to):
- reports from the chairpersons of IR-related workshops (such as the satellite workshops of SIGIR, JCDL, or CIKM, or other workshops such as NTCIR, INEX) or IR-related conferences other than SIGIR (such as ECIR, HLT, SPIRE, or TREC);
- papers from IR-related invited talks which have not been published in full in the relevant conference proceedings;
- papers describing new public infrastructures for IR research, such as in-depth descriptions of newly available test collections, newly available open source or public domain IR software of particular relevance, new evaluation campaigns, etc.;
- papers about funding initiatives, industry trends, connections between research and industry, legal issues, that are of potential interest to the IR community at large;
- any paper that, while of general interest to the IR community, is non-technical, and because of this would be unsuitable for publication in “technical” publishing forums such as e.g. the SIGIR Annual Conference;
- book reviews, bibliographies, or announcements of general interest to the IR community.
SIGIR Forum does not generally publish (and thus does not solicit the submission of) technical papers that, provided they are of sufficient quality, would be appropriate for a technical forum such as e.g. the SIGIR Annual Conference.
Notice to Contributing Authors
By submitting your article for distribution in this Special Interest Group publication, you hereby grant to ACM the following non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide rights:
- to publish in print on condition of acceptance by the editor
- to digitize and post your article in the electronic version of this publication
- to include the article in the ACM Digital Library
- to allow users to copy and distribute the article for non-commercial, educational or research purposes
However, as a contributing author, you retain copyright to your article and ACM will make every effort to refer requests for commercial use directly to you.
501 N 34th St., Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98103, USA
1290 Avenue of the Americas, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10104, USA